Saturday, October 15, 2016

Carew Cottage Woolens

Dearest, 
you wove such beautiful dreams - each one unique and full.  
here is a little dream of mine - literally - a woven tale! 
Dream #1 "Carew Cottage Woolens." 
I buy a small operating farm in Wales or somewhere in the UK.  A piece of my heart lives in the countryside of Wales nearest the coastline. my Earthwatch experience had a lasting effect on where I would be forever happy.  I liked the "me" I was on that trip and will meet up with her again! 

I'm open to the location ...  I have a modest stone home and some outbuildings, with a small quality stock of sheep, maybe some lambs, and maybe even a hutch or two of angora rabbits. of course some fancy hens!  
Although even with some hired local hands to help,  I might forget the livestock completely and buy the raw material from my neighbors in the village.   I'd run a cottage industry of hand-dyed wools,  and home-spun yarns, specializing in dyes from organic fair-trade materials.  I'd return to my high school interest/instruction in weaving, carding, dyeing, and backstrap looms.  
Do most of the business by mail order - I know how to create a nice catalog! 

Walking enthusiastically, in my green welliesdown my long dirt drive with BIG hugs - I'll greet an occasional surprise visitor!  Welcoming the company - the sheep so lack in good conversation!  
We share a long break, at the old wooden farm table inside the cottage, stories, laughter, and fresh baked goodies.  We all take a long walk to the high point of the farm to the best view -  then, follow the stone walls back to the drive. I send them along with WelshCakes and local Cider for their travels. 

I'll spend early evenings weaving, knitting, and rocking on the porch to the faraway distinctive sounds of a flock of OysterCatchers feeding in the marshland.  
I've taken this daydream even further - but, I'll leave out the other pleasures I incorporate ... and NO the sheep are not involved! 
Cheers, 
r





No comments:

Post a Comment